Thank you for presenting at the 2021 Australian Earth Sciences Convention!
We want to ensure your presentation runs smoothly, and have put together guidelines and resources to assist with your preparation and participation.
Should you have any queries regarding the information provided or your participation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Importantly, we ask all presenters upload their presentation video by 14 December.
PRESENTATION VIDEO UPLOAD
.MP4 FILE - DUE 14 DEC
UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION
Ensure your presentation is uploaded no later than 14 DECEMBER.
FAQ'S, TECH INFORMATION, TIPS & TRICKS
Presentations will be 10 minutes in duration, plus a 1 minute summary. There will be live questions at the conclusion of the session.
All Presentations will be pre-recorded.
You can record your video using the software you feel most comfortable with. If you have little experience recording videos, we suggest using Microsoft PowerPoint or Zoom, for more visit the Presenter Toolkit via the link above.
Presentation recordings should not exceed their allocated time.
Presenters are required to upload their presentation as a single MP4 file via DropBox no later than 14 December 2020. This will allow us time to check your file and prepare your presentation for delivery via the online conference portal.
If you have any concerns about pre-recording your presentation or providing your file to us by the deadline please contact email@example.com
BEFORE THE CONFERENCE
Record your video using the software you feel most comfortable with.
If you have little experience recording videos, we suggest Zoom or Microsoft PowerPoint.
Keep your presentation recording to your allocated time slot. If you go over time you will be required to edit and re-submit by the deadline.
Recordings need be provided to the Conference Managers in MP4 format. Should your presentation be received in a format other than MP4 you will be asked to resubmit in an MP4 format.
If you have limited online presentation experience or are looking for some tips about how to take your online presentation to the next level, we encourage you to take a look at Presenter Toolkit.
DUE MONDAY 14 DECEMBER 2020
Recordings must be provided to Conference Design:
- In MP4 format.
- As a single file. Multiple files will not be accepted.
- Submit via the conference Dropbox link.
- Files to be named: presenter name, day, session and time of your presentation (First. Last_Day_Session_Time).
If making changes, always ensure to upload the latest version. Each upload is stamped with date/time so we will only use the latest version uploaded to the system.
Failure to submit your recording by this deadline will result in your presentation being withdrawn from the program.
CLICK HERE TO UPLOAD YOUR PRESENTATION
All attendees will have access to the online convention portal on 27 January 2021. We recommend presenters log in early to:
- Familiarise yourself with the portal
- Check session information including your abstract and biography
- Upload a photo of yourself
- Familiarise yourself with the Live Q&A feed
- View any handouts you may have provided in advance
- Preview your pre-recorded presentation.
DURING THE CONFERENCE
We recommend presenters log in early on the day of their presentation. This will allow you to:
- Familiarise yourself with your equipment and make sure everything is in good working order (ie microphone and camera working, plenty of battery if using a laptop, stable internet connection).
- Review your online content (presentation video and handouts if supplied).
- Familiarise yourself with the Live Q&A feed.
- Connect with your fellow presenters (if you are co-presenting you will be able to connect with your fellow presenters via the presenter chat).
- If you have any issues or queries, you can connect with the support team through the Control Room Chat or log a Live Support ticket.
Presenters should be logged in 10 – 15 minutes prior to the commencement of their Q &A Forum.
- Presentations will automatically commence at the nominated start time. There is no need for presenters to start or activate their talk.
- The main reason for presenters to be online is to participate in live Q&A with audience members.
- Audience members can type questions into the Live Q&A box at any time.
- Presenters will be advised of the questions as they come in.
- Questions will be moderated by the session chair.
- Audience members and presenters will also be able to participate in a discussion forum throughout the presentation. The discussion forum should be used for general discussion, with questions for presenters asked via the Live Q&A feed.
- Presentations, Live Q&A and the Discussion Forum will end immediately at the advertised time. There will be a timer counting down to the end of the presentation.
- Delegates will be able to log back into the presentation to view the recording of the Q & A Forum “on-demand”. Live Q&A and Discussion Forum content will also be available.
- At the conclusion of the presentation, presenters can go back to the timeline and participate in the convention as usual.
Live support will be available throughout the convention opening hours and will include dedicated IT/AV support.
Should presenters require assistance at the time of the convention they should contact support by:
- Control Room Chat: this chat feed is easily accessible via your presentation in the online convention portal. Queries will be quickly picked up by the support team
- Live Support Hub: live support is immediately accessible via the icon at the top of the online convention portal. Users should log their query in the live support chat box and a team members will respond as quickly as possible.